- 2 cups par-boiled rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Good sized pot
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 2 cups par-boiled rice; 4 cups water; 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely; 1 small onion, chopped; 2 carrot, grated; 1 1/2 tsp curry powder and 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Put oil in the pot and add the garlic. Allow the garlic to cook on low heat for about a minute.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and curry powder. Increase heat to medium high and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and salt. Stir occasionally and fry for about 3 minutes. Add the water, bring to the boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer gently until the water has been absorbed by the rice. Fluff it up using a fork before serving. Enjoy!
You can serve this rice dish with your preferred relish and vegetables. Do give it a go and let me know how you found it in your kitchen by leaving a comment below.