- 1 large bream (about 3kg)
- 3 tsp lemon rind
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 3 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil/ pure vegetable oil
- 3 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- With your bream (1 large bream), lemon rind (3 tsp), lemon juice (60 ml), olive oil (3 tbsp), dried mixed herbs (3 tbsp) and garlic (5 cloves, chopped) ready (scale, gut and clean your bream). Put dried mixed herbs, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rind, ground black pepper (1/4 tsp) and olive oil in a bowl. Give a quick mix until everything is combined.
- Line your roasting tray with 2 sheets of aluminum foil paper. Cut three slits into the bream on each side. Spoon the lemon, garlic and herb mixture onto the fish. (Scoop in as much of the mixture into the slits as you can, and massage the rest of it onto the bream.) Sprinkle the coarse salt (3 tsp) onto the fish and put some around the fish on the foil paper. Place the lemon wedges on each end of the bream.
- Wrap your bream in the foil paper. Put in the oven and grill for 1 hr 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4. After 1 hour of cooking, unwrap the bream and leave it open so it can brown up a little and place it back in the grill for the remaining 30 minutes. And your grilled garlic and herb Kariba bream is ready. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Pretty simple hey? Give it a go and let me know how it turned out, and most importantly, how it tasted. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we did. It’s best served hot.If you’re using a smaller bream (less than 3kg) you will need to adjust the quantities, especially of the lemon juice. Don’t miss more recipes from ZimboKitchen by signing-up for our newsletter which is sent out whenever we have a new recipe posted on the site. Sign-up here. Thanks!