- 1 kg Stewing beef
- 4 Small Potatoes, quartered
- 3 Medium Carrots, cut into thick rings
- 1/2 punnet green beans
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500ml boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick rings
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 2tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil/ olive oil
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get the ingredients you’re going to use ready. These include 1 kg Stewing beef; 4 Small Potatoes, quartered; 3 Medium Carrots, cut into thick rings; 1/2 punnet green beans; 1 chicken stock cube; 500ml boiling water;
1 tsp salt; 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped; 1 small red onion, cut into thick rings; 2 large tomatoes, chopped; 1/4 large green pepper, chopped; 3 tbsp Tomato sauce; 2tbsp Vinegar; 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper and 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil/ olive oil.
- Heat oil in pot. Add your beef, season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and fry until it is browned. Add the onions and garlic. Fry for about 2 minutes then add the tomatoes. Fry for a further 3-4 min or until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water. Give a quick stir until it’s completely dissolved. Pour this water into the pot. Close pot, reduce heat and allow for a gentle simmer until the beef is tender and cooked through.
- Add you potatoes, carrots and green beans. Mix until evenly incorporated in the pot. Add tomato sauce and vinegar. Replace the lid once again and simmer for a further 20 or so minutes or until the vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Your rustic, hearty beef and vegetable stew is ready.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions