- 450g self-raising flour
- 750 ml ice-cream (any flavour)
- 625 ml fresh milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
Did you know that you can make bread with just 4 ingredients and yeast is not one of them? Well yes you can, I just did! If you’re looking for a hassle free way of making bread then this is it! You can use any ice-cream flavour you want. For this one I used Caramel and we enjoyed it. Store this in an airtight container for not more than 48 hrs.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Loaf Tin
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
- Digital scale (check my online store if you need one)
- Apron and oven gloves (pre-order yours here)
- Get your ingredients ready (450g self-raising flour; 750 ml ice-cream (any flavour); 625 ml fresh milk and 1 tsp baking powder). Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 5.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Mix using a whisk and make a well in the middle. We are using a whisk so we can evenly incorporate the baking powder into the flour as well as introduce more air which will help produce a soft textured bread.
- Add the ice-cream and milk.
- Stir with your wooden spoon until a smooth sticky dough forms. Allow dough to rest for 10 min so that any air bubbles formed during mixing burst.
- As the dough is resting, get your loaf tin ready.
- Grease and line it with grease proof paper and grease the paper as well!
- Put the dough into the prepared cake tin and evenly spread it across.
- Bake in preheat oven for 1 hr or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Enjoy it on its own, with margarine/butter, with jam or even marmalade. Let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Join other home chefs in receiving recipe updates by email – sign-up here