- 1 cup chibage chakafushwa (boiled and dried maize corn)
- 1 cup shelled ground nuts
- 1 tsp salt
Note I like my peanuts slightly on the chewy/crunchy side. So if they don’t taste done to you after the two hours of cooking you are free to add more water until they are as done as you want them to be.
- Put chibage in pot, rinse it a little. Add water and cover and bring it to the boil for 40 minutes
- After 40 minutes add your shelled groundnuts, salt and more water. Partly cover and cook for 1 hr 20 minutes (80minutes) adding more water as it gets finished in-between.
- After 80min of boiling your mutakura is ready.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Enjoy this typical Zimbabwean snack. This is really a tasty snack. You are invited to sign-up for our newsletter (remember to confirm your subscription in your inbox) so I can inbox you the latest recipes published. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!