Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Muffin tray
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring scale
- Measuring cups
- Preheat oven to 180 degees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4. Get your ingredients together. These include 300g Self Raising Flour; 100g Margarine/Butter melted; 150g old fashioned brown sugar; 1 tsp baking powder; 270ml Mixed Berries Yoghurt; 2 large eggs; 1/4 cup (20g) cocoa powder and 1 cup pecan nuts chopped.
- Put your old fashioned brown sugar in the mixing bowl.
- Sift your dry ingredients, i.e. flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the same mixing bowl with sugar.
- Whisk your dry ingredients together until uniform in colour.
- Add the chopped pecan nuts.
- Whisk once again until the pecans are well incorporated. Make a well in the middle, pour the melted margarine/butter. Set the bowl aside.
- Take the measuring jug, break the eggs in there. Add the yoghurt and whisk until well combined. Take set aside mixing bowl and pour the egg-yoghurt mixture.Using a wooden spoon, mix gently until just combined (do not overmix else it will lead to tough, dry-textured muffins.)
- The batter is now ready to be put into muffin tray.
- Spoon the batter three quarters of the way of each muffin hole. Bake in preheat oven for 20 min or until skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- When muffins are done, allow them to cool down completely on the cooling rack before attempting to decorate if you so wish. Enjoy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
There you have it. So simple to make but the results are fantastic! Let me know how it goes down in your kitchen by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!