- 500 g fish fillets
- 250 g oyster/ button mushroom, chopped
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 500 ml fresh cream
- 100 ml fresh milk
- 3 tbsp cream of mushroom soup powder/ 1 tbsp plain flour
This is one of those recipes you can count on when you want to whip up a quick yet still delicious meal. For that time when you are exhausted but you still need to put a lovely home cooked meal on the table. You can serve it with rice, roast potatoes or just boiled potatoes together with more vegetables if you like. Let’s get to it then! Do let me know in the comments below how it turns out in your kitchen when you try it out.
- Get your ingredients together. Heat oil in pan. Add fish and season with 1/2 tsp salt. Fry for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the mushroom and allow to cook for about 3 – 5 minutes. Add the carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the peas and season with 1 tsp salt.
- Return the fish to the pot. Add the fresh cream and simmer for 2 more minutes. Mix together the cream of mushroom powder with milk to make a paste then pour into the pan. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!