- 500g (18 oz) chicken drumsticks
- 60ml fresh milk
- 60ml honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Honey and mustard is a good combination for poultry, especially. This means you can even try this recipe on duck or quail. It requires no marinating time so it’s a quick fix. If you do not have mustard powder you can instead use the mustard paste (60ml) and remove the milk. Let’s get to it.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Put chicken drumsticks in bowl and cut vertical slits on each drumstick and set aside.. Put your dry mustard in a jag, add milk and stir and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the mustard flavor to grow milder.
- Add honey, tsp salt, black pepper and mixed herbs to the mustard and stir. Take set-aside chicken add 1 tsp salt and toss the chicken to evenly apply the salt on each drumstick.
- Spoon the honey-mustard mixture over the chicken drumsticks and mix. Put drumsticks in shallow casserole dish. Spoon some more honey and mustard mixture on each piece. Bake for 1 hour. Half-way through the baking time (30min) turn your chicken drumsticks and add some more honey mustard. Bake for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Your chicken is ready. Serve with your favorite starch.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Enjoy!. I invite you to sign-up for my ZimboKitchen Today newsletter. Remember to confirm your sign-up in your inbox in order to start receiving the recipes. You may also leave a comment below. Thanks!