- 100g margarine/butter (cubed then melted)
- 1 egg
- 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g castor sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 375g self-raising flour
- 100ml buttermilk
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Cupcake liners (check my online store if you need some)
- 12 hole muffin tray
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring scale
- Wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4. Line muffin tray with cupcake liners. Get your ingredients ready (100g margarine/butter (cubed then melted); 1 egg; 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed; 200g castor sugar; 1 tsp baking powder; 375g self-raising flour and 100ml buttermilk.
- Line muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Mix flour and baking powder. Put sugar in bowl. Sift the mixed flour into the bowl with sugar. Mix with a sieve until evenly combined. The sieve will introduce more air to the mixture and will help in making your muffins lighter.
- Make a well in the middle. Add all the wet ingredients which are the egg, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla essence. Do not over-mix or your muffins will be tough in texture.
- Spoon the mixture into each cupcake liner. Bake in preheat oven for 20-25min or until golden brown and skewer comes out clean.
- When muffins are done allow them to cool on a cooling rack.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Go ahead and try them out. Remember to leave a comment below and let me know how you found them. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours Truly!!