- 250g sugar beans (cooked)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cream crackers, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil/ pure vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour for hand dusting
- Get your ingredients ready which are 1 egg, beaten, 2 cloves garlic (chopped), half an onion chopped, 6 cream crackers (crushed into crumbs), your cooked sugar beans and the seasoning (salt, pepper, curry powder and soy sauce). Add salt, ground black pepper and soy sauce to the sugar beans. Mix to combine the flavours then using a potato masher, mash the sugar beans up. But do not make this too smooth, leave it a bit lumpy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Using some flour to dust your hands to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands, form patties and put them in a platter or plate. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes. Get an oven proof casserole dish, lightly grease it with olive oil then place your bean patties in it. Drizzle some more olive oil/ pure vegetable oil onto each patty. Grill-bake at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes or until it has browned up. (Flip the patty over half way through the cooking to facilitate even cooking on both sides). If you wish you may fry these in a pan instead.
- Your patties are done. Serve with a crispy lettuce salad, potato salad or make it into a mean-bean-burger like I did and you just put the veggies of your choice.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
It’s pretty tasty and easy to do. Give it a go and remember to leave feedback on how it turned out in your kitchen. Come along on the ZimboKitchen Today mailing list so you never miss a recipe. I send out every new recipe to your inbox by email so you get to know what’s happening at ZimboKitchen even when unable to check-in on the site. Sign-up here