- Cooked brown rice
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/4 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Pure vegetable oil for frying
I love brown rice. It’s healthy, easy to make and very versatile. You can do pretty much anything with it…. just let your creative juices flow! What I’ve done here to make this fried brown rice is just a variation of how you can make it. You’re free to play around with it and add whatever you feel will make it happen for you 🙂 My family and I enjoyed this and it’s one of the ways you can get your children to eat their veggies and healthy food! For this recipe, you need ready cooked brown rice. You can prepare brown rice in the same way that you do white rice. CLICK HERE to learn how to prepare white/brown rice. It would be even more perfect to use left-over rice but if don’t have any, it matters not. Just whip up some fresh rice!
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients ready. These are Cooked brown rice; 1 large carrot, chopped; 1/4 large yellow pepper, chopped; 1/4 large green pepper, chopped; 1/4 large red pepper, chopped; 1/2 medium onion, chopped; 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp curry powder and Pure vegetable oil for frying. Learn how to cook brown rice by following this link which is pretty much the same as preparing white rice.
- Heat oil in pan, add carrots and onions. Add curry powder and fry until carrots are almost cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Add the chopped peppers and salt, stir.
- Fry until they are just about cooked (another 2 minutes).
- Add the brown rice.
- Stir until some uniformity is achieved.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Pretty simple isn’t it? For your variations you may add anything from cooked beef strips and green beans to peas and sweet corn. It’s all up to you. Try it out and let me know how you find it. Sign-up here to get on my new recipe alerts email list.