- 1 kg Kariba bream Tilapia
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cups constarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300ml soda water
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Frying pan
- Slotted spoon
- Greaseproof paper
- Get your ingredients ready. These include 1 kg Kariba bream Tilapia; 1 1/4 plain flour, 1/2 cup cornstarch, 1 tsp salt; 1 tsp baking powder; 1 tsp dried thyme; 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper; 2 cloves garlic, chopped
and 300ml soda water
- Put 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch, salt, garlic, baking powder, freshly ground black pepper, and thyme into your bowl. Give everything a quick mix until everything is combined.
- Add your soda water and mix until a batter is formed.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch into a bowl. Combine gently.
- Heat oil in pan. Coat each piece with the mixed flour. Shake off the excess. Dip the fish into the bowl with the batter. Again shake off any excess before frying in the pan. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Should take about 10-15 min.
- Repeat process until the fish is finished. Enjoy with your fries and a salad.