- 300g skinless chicken breast, boiled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A sprinkle freshly ground black pepper
- 2 gherkins, chopped
- 1/4 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp your preferred mayonnaise
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Griddle/ Non-stick Pan
- Spatula/ Egg lifter
- Get your ingredients ready. These are 300g skinless chicken breast, boiled; 1/2 tsp salt; A sprinkle freshly ground black pepper; 2 gherkins, chopped; 1/4 small onion, chopped; 2 tsp granulated sugar and 2 tbsp your preferred mayonnaise As mentioned in the ingredients, your chicken needs to have been boiled first, cooled then shredded. Left over roast chicken will also work well for this. Ensure the skin is removed
- Put the chicken, onions, gherkins, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add mayonnaise and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Heat your pan on the stove top briefly. Butter your bread. sprinkle a bit of sugar and put it in the pan buttered-sugared side down. Press gently then add your filling. Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread, the buttered side up. Also sprinkle a bit of sugar on this side (optional). Using your spatula, flip the sandwich over and brown the other side. Your sandwich is ready.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Quick and easy. Perfect for the lunchbox, as a snack or even a light lunch. Do give it a go and let me know how you find it.