- 400g fat free mince
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp oil for frying
These mince rolls have got to be the most easiest and simplest “sandwich” you can prepare. They’ll be great for lunch, a light supper or an on-the-go snack. The mince is sweet yet has the savoriness coming through. It’s also a great filling, something different and tasty at the same time.
lResources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get the ingredients ready. These include 400g fat free mince; 1/2 medium onion, chopped; 3 cloves garlic, chopped; 1/2 tsp salt; 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar; 1/4 large green pepper, chopped and 3 tbsp oil for frying.
- Heat oil in pan. Add the garlic and mince meat. Season with salt. Fry until it begins to brown.
- When the mince begins to brown, add the sugar.
- As the sugar begins to caramelize and turning brown add the onions. Fry for about 2 minutes then add the chopped green pepper. Fry for a min.
- Your filling is ready. Allow to slightly cool down before using.
- Take your hamburger roll, cut it in half. Spread a dollop of mayonnaise then add your warm mince filling.
- Add some tomato sauce, bbq sauce ore sweet chilli sauce (your preferred sauce will do!)
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
That’s all there is to it. Quick and easy. In this recipe I used fat free steak mince. You are free to use whichever mince you prefer- chicken, pork, etc. Let me know how you find it when you try it out. Sign up for recipe alerts via email here