- 400g spaghetti
- 3 ltrs water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp margarine
- With your spaghetti ready, put the water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- When you water has boiled, add salt (1 tsp) and oil (2 tbsp). The oil will help prevent the spaghetti from sticking to each other. Add your spaghetti and push it in bit-by-bit until it is fully immersed in the water without having to break the spaghetti. You could break it, but it takes out the fun of eating spaghetti.
- Stir your spaghetti and regular intervals until it is cooked. When it is al-dente pour it into a colander and run it under cold water to stop any further cooking. Return your spaghetti to the pot.
- Add your margarine (2 tbsp) and stir to evenly spread it and allow it to melt. Once done cover the pot to contain the heat.
- That’s it – quick and easy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
I hope you will enjoy making your spaghetti. Knowing how to prepare spaghetti will enable you to put together so many other fantastic dishes involving spaghetti – that’s why I thought I should add this tutorial to your arsenal. I would love your company on ZimboKitchen Today my ever-ready newsletter which I use to communicate new recipes as and when they are published here on the blog. You can sign-up here if you haven’t already done so. Rest assured you will be joining lots of other subscribers already on this list. Thanks!