- 1 kg chicken portions
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Lemon rind from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- 50ml water
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
Fantastic does not begin to describe just how tasty this chicken is. If you’re looking for a marinated chicken recipe that takes no time to marinate then this is it right here! The end results are chicken pieces that are juicy, tender and moist on the inside whilst being crispy and golden brown on the outside…. absolutely delish. The whole family enjoyed it.
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Oven-proof dish/tray
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Good-sized pot
- Get all the ingredients you’re going to use ready. These are 1 kg chicken portions; 8 cloves garlic, chopped; Lemon juice from 1 lemon; Lemon rind from 1 lemon; 1 tsp salt; 2 tsp dried thyme; 2 tsp dried basil; 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped; 3 tbsp pure vegetable oil, 50 ml water and 3 tbsp white wine vinegar.
- Put your oil in the pot. Add garlic and slowly heat it up. Add the herbs, vinegar, water, lemon juice, rind and salt. Let this simmer gently for about 5 min.
- Cut slits on your chicken pieces. Add them to the pot with the marinade and coat them well on both sides with the marinade.
- Put your marinade coated chicken in your oven-proof dish/ tray. (You don’t need to add any more oil as the marinade contains oil as well as the natural oils from the chicken itself) Put in oven and grill at 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 3 until golden brown. (about 60 min)
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Pretty simple with rewarding results. It’s finger-licking good. Let me know how it goes at your dining table when you try this out. I’d love to hear from you.