- 500g super goat meat
- 3 lemon rings
- 3 whole cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Good sized pot
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Cut and wash your goat meat (500g). Add enough water to just cover it. Add garlic (3 cloves), lemon (3 rings), dried thyme (2 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and white wine vinegar (2 tbsp).
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to medium high and allow it cook until tender.
- When meat is tender, discard the lemon. Add pure vegetable oil (2 tbsp). Fry until meat begins to brown.
- Add onions (1/2 small, chopped) and sweat them for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes (3 large, chopped) and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat further to a gentle simmer and let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes. Your meat is ready.
You can enjoy this with Sadza (pap), rice or even mashed potatoes. Do give it a go and let me know how you find it. Are you receiving my recipe alerts? If not sign-up here today.