- 400g breakfast bacon Chipalata sausage
- 1/2 onion (sliced into rings)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- Oil for frying
This type of sausage that I used, the breakfast bacon Chipalata sausage, was actually quite tasty and the great thing about it is that it is all 100% made in Zimbabwe. One of the things that I was most happy about is that unlike some in-house sausages that you find in supermarkets or butcheries here in Harare this sausage did not break-up on me whilst I was cooking. I bought this sausage at the Arundel Farmers market. It’s a pretty straight forward recipe. Let’s start cooking!
- Get your ingredients ready which are the Chipalata sausage (400g), onion rings (1/2 onion), garlic (1 clove) and ginger (1 tsp). Heat oil in pan, add your sausage.
- When the sausage begins to brown, add your garlic and ginger and stir for about a minute to allow the ginger and garlic to infuse into the sausage. After a minute add your onion rings and saute them for another minute to 2 minutes.
- That’s it, quick and simple isn’t it!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
This Chipalata sausage tastes so nice. It will sure add some flavor to your breakfast. It is one way to break away from familiar breakfast….kikikiki. I see myself revisiting this recipe soon. Would you like to join my popular recipe newsletter – ZimboKitchen Today? I use it to communicate my newest recipes published on this blog. Please feel welcome to sign-up here. Ensure you confirm your subscription in your inbox immediately after sign-up to start receiving the recipes. Thanks for taking time to ready this recipe.