- Shelled peanuts (nzungu dzaka menyiwa)
I rarely do any recipe posts here on ZimboKitchen.com preferring rather to work in the background managing the site’s technology and business affairs. Well today am coming out of the woodwork to share with you one of my favorite snack recipe – nzungu dzaka kangwa – which is essentially roasted shelled peanuts. This is one among a host of favorite traditional snacks among Zimbabweans all over the world. Not that many do not know the recipe, I just decided to share my simple approach to this snack which usually gets me snacking in a jiffy. It is also good for documentation. Hahahaha this recipe only has one ingredient – shelled peanuts/nzungu!
- Put shelled peanuts in a pre-heated pan.
- After a minute or so start stirring the peanuts in the pan. Continue stirring.
- After 2 to 3 minutes of stirring the peanuts should be changing texture to a golden brown color
- Your peanut snack is ready at about 7 to 8 minutes of stirring while roasting
- Optionally squeeze the shelled nuts to remove the skin
- That’s it, serve and go work or play while snacking healthy!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
Let me know how it goes and if you got other variances. Drop a comment below!