- 1 x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in tomato sauce
- 1 x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce
- 200 g cream crackers
- 3 tbsp yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 bowls
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in tomato sauce
1 x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce
200 g cream crackers
3 tbsp yellow pepper, finely chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
1/2 medium tomato, finely chopped.
- Pour the pilchards into a bowl. Separate the pilchards from the sauce and put them in another bowl.
- Gently break the pilchards into medium sized chunks using a tablespoon.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reserving 1 tbsp of the chopped yellow pepper for the topping. Mix gently then spoon the mixture onto the crackers.
- Garnish each cracker with the reserved chopped yellow pepper and the cut ends of spring onions or fresh chives.
NB- In layman’s terms; Chives are herbs that are part of the onion family. They look like grass or the tip ends of spring onions.