- 150g mopane worms
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- a little oil for frying
Resources/Equipment You Will Need
- Frying pan
- Slotted spoon
- Get your ingredients together; 150g mopane worms; 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce; 30ml fresh lemon juice; salt to taste and a little oil for frying.
- Put your mopane worms into a bowl. Add boiling water to re-hydrate them. Let them soak for 5 min.
- Drain the water. Heat oil in pan. Add the mopane worm and fry for about 10 min, stirring regularly.
- De-glaze the pan with a little lemon juice at a time.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and some salt. Fry for a further 10 min, stirring occasionally and de-glazing with more lemon juice should the pan get sticky underneath. Enjoy!
Do give them a go and let me know how you find them by leaving a comment below. I’d love to hear from you.