This is an easy to follow banana cinnamon loaf! In just 5 easy steps you’ll be ready to enjoy the fruits of your labour! It’s perfect as an anytime treat with your hot beverage this winter, dessert with custard, or even as a lunchbox idea! The cinnamon powder adds a lovely taste to the banana loaf. And don’t worry, if you have egg allergies, this is an egg-free bake!
P.S: Do not over mix as this will result in a tough textured loaf.
7 – 8 servings
35 – 45 minutes
5 overripe bananas
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 cups self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Real Premium Spices ground cinnamon
3/4 cup castor sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup oil
4 tbsp powdered milk
1 cup sour milk
- Get your ingredients together. Grease, and lightly dust a loaf tin with flour, and set aside. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash 4 of the 5 bananas, add the lemon juice, mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder. Add the ground cinnamon, sugar, powdered milk, and salt. Mix with a whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Make a well in the middle. Add the mashed bananas, oil, and sour milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, and level it.
- Take the remaining banana, and slice some diagonal slices onto the batter in the loaf tin. Bake in preheat oven for 35 – 40 min or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow the banana loaf to cool down before attempting to take it out of the tin. Enjoy!