- 2 cups self raising flour
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp margarine (heaped)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, 350 F, gas-mark 6. Get ingredients ready then sift all the dry ingredients which are your flour (2 cups), Castor sugar (4 tbsp) and the pinch of salt. Add margarine (1 tbsp heaped) and rub it in using your fingers.
- Add raisins (1/3 cup raisins) and mix. Create a hole in the middle and pour your egg (lightly beaten).
- Add milk (3/4 cup) and mix until everything is just combined and a crumbly dough forms and briefly set-aside. Take your baking sheet then lay grease proof paper inside it. Take your set aside Rock Bun dough use a table spoon to drop the mixture onto the grease proof paper forming individual Rock Buns.Put your Rock Buns in the preheat oven and bake for 20 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown.
- After 20 minutes take them out and place them on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Your Rock Buns are ready to be served!
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
I hope you enjoy making these Rock Buns. The best thing I like about them is that they are so quick and easy to make yet very nice to serve with a beverage or as a lunch box idea. Let me know how it goes with you in the comments box below. I also hope you are now on my recipe mailing list. If not please sign-up here for ZimboKitchen Today which I use to deliver new recipes in your inbox whenever I publish a new recipe. Thanks!