- 1x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 bundle spinach, shredded
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- A little oil for frying
- 2 Non-stick frying pans
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Get your ingredients together. These include;
1x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce8 eggs1/2 bundle spinach, shredded1/4 medium green pepper, chopped1/4 green pepper, chopped1/4 yellow pepper, chopped100 g cheddar cheese, gratedA little oil for frying
- Remove the pilchards from the sauce and put in separate bowl. Use a fork to break them up into medium sized chunks. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, add the spinach, 1/4 tsp salt and peppers. Saute for 3 min. Set aside. (NB- To saute is to fry quickly in a little, hot fat)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in separate pan. Break and beat 2 eggs, season with salt according to your taste. Pour egg into pan and immediately swirl your pan around so the egg can spread and fill the base of the pan.
- When it’s spread over the base of your pan and appears to be “setting”, add 3-4 tbsp pilchards, 1 tbsp peppers and a handful of cheese to the lower half of the egg
- Using the spatula (egg lift), gently fold the other half of the egg over the filling, making a “semi-circle” of some sort.
- Cook for 30 more seconds. Your omelette is ready. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
Feel free to enjoy your omelette with a slice or two of wholemeal, brown or seed loaf. You may also warm up the remaining chilli sauce that the pilchards were in and enjoy it together with your meal.