- 1x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 bundle spinach, shredded
- 1/4 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, chopped
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- A little oil for frying
Many of us have heard, read or been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Some of the main reasons of why it is so are that breakfast replenishes your supply of glucose as well as provide essential minerals and nutrients your body needs to maintain energy levels throughout the day. It is therefore important that one eats something that is wholesome and nutritious. Royal Ocean Pilchards is just the thing. Packed with heart healthy amino acids, vitamin D, calcium and iron, just to name a few, your body will be thanking you after you eat them. Your taste buds too will be thanking you for an awesome experience!
- 2 Non-stick frying pans
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Get your ingredients together. These include;
1x 125 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in chilli sauce8 eggs1/2 bundle spinach, shredded1/4 medium green pepper, chopped1/4 green pepper, chopped1/4 yellow pepper, chopped100 g cheddar cheese, gratedA little oil for frying
- Remove the pilchards from the sauce and put in separate bowl. Use a fork to break them up into medium sized chunks. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, add the spinach, 1/4 tsp salt and peppers. Saute for 3 min. Set aside. (NB- To sauté is to fry quickly in a little, hot fat)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in separate pan. Break and beat 2 eggs, season with salt according to your taste. Pour egg into pan and immediately swirl your pan around so the egg can spread and fill the base of the pan.
- When it’s spread over the base of your pan and appears to be “setting”, add 3-4 tbsp pilchards, 1 tbsp peppers and a handful of cheese to the lower half of the egg
- Using the spatula (egg lift), gently fold the other half of the egg over the filling, making a “semi-circle” of some sort.
- Cook for 30 more seconds. Your omelette is ready. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
Feel free to enjoy your omelette with a slice or two of wholemeal, brown or seed loaf. You may also warm up the remaining chilli sauce that the pilchards were in and enjoy it together with your meal.