Sweet Chili Sauce Cabbage with Bacon
In this super simple recipe we do some touch-ups to the humble cabbage…elevating it to some amazing levels of deliciousness using sweet chili sauce and goo old bacon. Yum.
Sweet Chili Sauce Cabbage with Bacon￼Difficulty: Easy
3 tsp oil
125g bacon, chopped
One small onion
1/2 of small cabbage, chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tbsp Mr Sauce Sweet Chili Sauce
2 medium carrots, grated
3 tbsp spring onion green tips, chopped (optional)
- Get your ingredients together. Heat oil in a pan, and add the bacon. Fry until cooked (about 3 min). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to the same pan and fry for another 3 min while stirring regularly.
- Add the cabbage, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Give a mix and allow to cook for about 5 min.
- Add the sweet chili sauce and carrots. Let this cook for 2 minutes, before returning the bacon to the pan. Mix until evenly incorporated. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Garnish with chopped spring onion green tips. Enjoy!
- Add chopped green pepper together with onion.
- 1.5 tsp of chopped or grated garlic can be used in place of the garlic powder.
- For more flavor I recommend using freshly ground black pepper.
- If you so wish more chili sauce can be added.