- 1 kg beef, cut into medium sized pieces
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Boiling water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 punnet green beans, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
Beef stew is one of the repetitive meals in the Zimbabwean kitchen!! It doesn’t have to be prepared in the same way everyday though! Spice things up every now and then so those we are cooking for would never expect how tasty it would be as they take the first bite! Here’s one to try out. After you are done with this green bean recipe, you may also check out this collection of Recipes with Green Beans.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with your preferred starch and vegetables or salad.
1. Get your ingredients together. Heat oil in pot. Add the beef taking care not to over crowd the pot. Season with salt and add the tomato paste. Fry until beef begins to brown.
2. When beef is browned, add onion and fry for 2 min. Add stock cube and enough water to just cover the meat. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
3. Add whole garlic cloves and simmer until beef is tender and water is nearly finished.
4. Add tomatoes and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. Add green beans and again allow to cook on gentle heat for 2-3 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!