3-6 Servings ~ 5 min
- 2 x 155 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in tomato sauce
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp Fresh herbs of your choice
I enjoy making sandwiches, there’s just so many ways you can prepare and enjoy them. This here is one of my favorite ways of doing a sandwich- open-faced and toasted! My family enjoyed it with the Pilchards, tomatoes and cheese.
- Table knife
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 2 x 155 g Royal Ocean Pilchards in tomato sauce
6 slices of bread
2 medium tomatoes
100 g cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper for seasoning
2 tbsp Fresh herbs of your choice
- Preheat the oven at grill-bake 180 degrees Celsius. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Put 6 slices of bread on the lined baking tray. Toast in oven for 2 min or until just slightly toasted, not browned.
- Remove from the oven. Place the tomato slices on the bread. Separate the pilchards from the sauce. Place the pilchards on the bread as well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some fresh herbs of your choice and then the cheese on top. Toast in oven until the cheese melts. Enjoy!