- Tuna 119g (4.2 oz) drained
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 Onion (chopped)
- 1 full length shallot (incl. green part)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pckts 200g (7 oz) crackers
As you know Tuna is readily available in most Zimbabwean supermarkets. So this recipe is really within reach locally. It is quick and easy to do and will get you snacking in no time. This is something you can do for visitors or guests as prelude to the main meal. You may even use the filling to make toasted sandwich. There are really a dozen things to do with this Tuna filling over and above what I did here.
As we begin the process, keep in mind that it is intentional for onions to be added to the Tuna last (on top of pile). We want the Olive oil to sizzle the onion to avoid eating absolutely raw onion.
- Get your Tuna and rest of ingredients ready. Drain your canned Tuna of all water and put in bowl.
- Use your fingers to break Tuna into fine pieces (mince). Add salt and ground black pepper to the Tuna and mix. Add your chopped tomatoes.
- Add your chopped green pepper on top of the tomatoes. Add your chopped shallots on top of the green pepper. Finally, add your chopped onions and set-aside. Do not mix at this stage. Take 4 tbsp of Olive oil and put in pot; heat for 8 minutes.
- Once your Olive oil has heated,take set-aside bowl with Tuna and onions on top and pour your heated Olive oil over the onions. You will get a sizzling sound. Immediately mix your ingredients thoroughly.
- Tuna filling with Olive oil sizzle is ready.
Pictorial Detailed Instructions
This tastes absolutely great. Once you try this recipe you will sure get to do it again and again. It’s easy, quick and within reach. Will you please show your approval of this recipe by hitting LIKE on the left? We also invite you to join Rumbie’s newsletter – ZimboKitchen Today – so you can receive latest recipes in your inbox. Make sure you verify your email once you sign-up to start receiving recipes. Thanks very much!