16 Servings ~ 20-25 min
- 1 ¾ cups Plain flour,
- ½ tsp salt,
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- ¾ cup cocoa powder,
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned brown sugar,
- ½ cup pure cooking oil,
- 250 ml buttermilk,
- 40 g Mint crisp chocolate,
- 150 ml warm milk,
- 2 large eggs,
- 2 tsp peppermint essence.
Chocolate and mint are a perfect match. I love how the flavours blend together to form something delicious. These muffins, as is with most of the recipes on this blog; are very easy to make and the taste is great! You can have them on their own or for dessert even.
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Muffin tray
- Cupcake liners (optional)
- Get your ingredients together. These include; 1 ¾ cups Plain flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp baking powder, ¾ cup cocoa powder, 1 ½ cups old fashioned brown sugar, ½ cup pure cooking oil, 250 ml buttermilk, 40g Mint crisp chocolate, 150ml warm milk, 2 large eggs, 2 tsp peppermint essence.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line your muffin tray with the cupcake liners and set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add the sugar and give a quick whisk until some uniformity is achieved. Make a well in the middle and set aside.
- Melt the mint crisp chocolate and add the milk. Give a quick mix until well combined.
- Put oil, eggs, buttermilk and essence into a jug. Whisk until combined and pour this mixture into the bowl.
- Mix gently with the wooden spoon. Add the mint crisp chocolate milk mixture and mix again until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray. Bake in preheat oven for 20-25 min or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool before attempting to remove from the muffin tray.